Including Periodontal Procedures in Your Smile Makeover Can Give You a Truly Stunning Grin
A smile makeover is the process of aesthetically redesigning your smile using a combination of cosmetic procedures. Our smile engineers, Dr. Greg R. Diamond and Dr. Mark Schlesinger, use a comprehensive approach. In this way, they can ensure that all components of your smile complement one another. The Diamond Schlesinger Group is a periodontal practice, meaning we focus on soft tissue procedures and implant dentistry. Therefore, we are an excellent choice if you want to enhance your grin through cosmetic gum contouring. At the same time, we can collaborate with prosthodontists and other specialists to achieve more far-reaching results. We are happy to determine your candidacy for a smile makeover and design a custom treatment plan.
Each smile makeover is unique, tailored to the precise needs of each patient.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Each smile makeover is unique, tailored to the precise needs of each patient. Based on your goals, oral health, budget, and any time constraints, your dentist will help you choose two or more cosmetic procedures, such as:
- Porcelain veneers: Your cosmetic dentist will attach wafer-thin veneers to the front of your teeth, where they can conceal small cracks, chips, and other flaws. Veneers can also reshape or resize compromised teeth.
- Bonding: Like veneers, dental bonding can conceal surface blemishes. However, instead of using porcelain, which typically requires some enamel removal, your dentist will coat your teeth in composite resin. Therefore, bonding is a more conservative and affordable option.
- Teeth whitening: Depending on which cosmetic dentist you choose, you may receive in-office or take-home whitening. Both types can be very effective, and after use, you may notice that your smile is several shades brighter.
- Orthodontics: Misaligned teeth will impact both your appearance and your oral function. Invisalign® is one of the most popular options to include in a smile makeover, since the aligners are much more subtle than traditional braces.
- Gum contouring: Most patients do not realize how much their gums affect the look of their smiles. If you have excess or uneven gums, your teeth can look worn, crooked, and unhealthy. By removing a small layer of tissue, your dentist can give you a bigger, revived grin.
Are You a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover may be right for you if you enjoy generally good oral health, and you want to address cosmetic concerns, such as:
- Chipped teeth
- Small cracks
- Minor gaps in your smile
- Worn or unusually shaped teeth
- Overall bite misalignment
- A crooked gum line
- A gummy smile
Before you can undergo a makeover, Dr. Schlesinger or Dr. Diamond will examine your teeth and look for signs of gum disease. We offer complete periodontal care and can effectively treat the condition if you present any symptoms.
A Smile Makeover at the Diamond Schlesinger Group
When you are ready to begin treatment, Dr. Schlesinger or Dr. Diamond will design a custom treatment plan. We work with the most experienced cosmetic dentists and prosthodontists in the area. Therefore, if you choose to include veneers, whitening, or similar treatments in your makeover, we will usually refer you to a specialist. Then we will handle any cosmetic gum procedures. During gum lifts and contouring, we proudly use the WaterLase® laser. This tool will vaporize excess tissue, simultaneously sealing your blood vessels. It will also cool and soothe your gums with streams of air and water. Performed in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures, a gum lift can transform your smile and your overall facial proportions.
Plan Your Smile Makeover Treatment
If you want to address a number of cosmetic blemishes or are dissatisfied with the look of your smile, call the Diamond Schlesinger Group at (212) 213-9333 or contact our office online to begin planning for a unique smile makeover. Dr. Diamond and Dr. Schlesinger collaborate with the area’s finest cosmetic dentists and prosthodontists and can help you design a treatment plan that can help you accomplish your oral cosmetic goals.